What are dues and what is included in them?
CSI membership dues is an annual charge paid in exchange for membership within CSI.
CSI membership includes access to all local CSI Chapters as a CSI member, with an assigned “home” Chapter, and access to a variety of resources and discounts.
Free to members:
- Home Chapter
- Includes access as a CSI member to all Chapters
- Education and networking events, including what is offered for free or at a discount, vary by Chapter
- MasterFormat® online
- Variety of online educational content like WebReach and TechTalk recordings
- CSI-Connect online community
- CSI Forms
- The Construction Specifier (print and on-line)
- MasterFormat Bookmarks
- CSI Membership Directory, Member card and ability to identify as a CSI member publicly
- Volunteer opportunities to strengthen development of industry leader standards
- CSI and CSI Chapter events Learning
- Library courses and continuing education
- Certification and Certification Practice Exams
- MasterFormat print version
- Specs 101 online course
- CSI National Conference
When does the new dues structure take effect?
The change begins on July 1, 2022, at the beginning of the new fiscal year. Dues collected for memberships that begin or renew on or after July 1, 2022, will be invoiced under the new model. Those invoices will be sent on May 1, 2022.
When will I be charged under the new structure?
The timing of invoices will not change from the current practice. Each member will receive their invoice two months before the month of their renewal.
For example, if a member is set to renew in July of 2022, they will receive their first renewal invoice in May of 2022.
It will take a full 12 months for members to pay the new rate. However, the new structure goes live for every member, regardless of renewal schedule, on July 1, 2022.
How does this affect meals?
Some chapters include some or all of event meals within their dues prices. With the new structure, meals will no longer be part of the dues billing.
Will my dues increase or decrease?
The average Chapter dues price is $86. Fifty-six Chapters charge more than $86 and 71 Chapters charge less than $86 (as of June. 2021). Some members hold multiple memberships, and some choose not to affiliate with a Chapter.
Some members will experience an increase in dues because of these changes and some will experience a decrease.
To explore the current dues prices, click here.