MasterFormat is the architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) industry’s gold standard for organizing and communicating specifications and work results for construction projects.
Unify and Organize Your Projects
MasterFormat unifies your project under a common standard – connecting designs, building products, preconstruction activities, estimates, and contracts, and construction – supporting all phases of a safe, efficient construction project.
- Organize and communicate specifications across project phases with MasterFormat numbers and titles
- Provide the basis for organizing construction documents
- Standardize and manage building products, cost codes, estimates, contracts, and change orders
MasterFormat is available through three licensing options:
- Single-user licenses
- Enterprise license and CSI resource bundles
- Digital API access through Crosswalk®
To license MasterFormat for your company, enterprise licenses for multiple users are available. Contact our team for a quote based on your estimated number of users. Broaden your professional development roadmap with CSI resource bundles, including discounts on CDT courses and prep materials, to onboard best practices across your organization to complement your use of MasterFormat.
Who Benefits from MasterFormat?
In every phase of a construction project, MasterFormat is an essential resource to produce projects that are safe, up-to-code and long-lasting. MasterFormat is relied on by:
- Construction specifiers, architects, and engineers
- Design, estimating, and preconstruction teams
- General contractors, project managers, and facilities managers
- Building product manufacturers
MasterFormat is the foundation for leading specification software solutions such as MasterSpec, SpecText, National Master Specifications (NMS), Speclink, and SpecsIntact systems, and is instrumental to the development of the ASTM standard for sustainability assessment of building products.
Looking to learn more about implementing CSI standards?
Explore certifications and eLearning courses to develop your knowledge.