* Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
* State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
* Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
* Only send a message to the entire discussion group when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
* Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire group. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
* Do not send administrative messages, such as "remove me from the group". Instead, use go to your Profile to change your settings or to remove yourself from a group. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
* Warn other discussion group subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."