Director from the Southeast Region, CSI Board of Directors
The CSI Nominating Committee is seeking applications from members who are interested in serving on the Board of Directors. Please read through the following position description for the Directors from the Southeast Region. If you are interested in applying, please click the “apply today!” link. Applications are due by Friday, January 31, 2023.
**NOTE: Application form will time out after 4 hours. Please review the application prior to applying to ensure you have all information needed to submit your application.
CSI Board members are elected to serve CSI and its members by investing time, expertise, and effort in service of effective stewardship of the association. Through active engagement and participation, Board members work collaboratively with the Board of Directors, CSI staff, volunteers, and members to address industry issues and develop strategies, policies, and plans that ensure the Association is successful and serving its mission. Board members are the Association’s fiduciaries who oversee the development of sound ethical and legal governance, and fiscal management policies.
As an individual Director:
- Prepare for, attend, and actively participate in three face-to-face Board of Directors meetings per year, as well as conference calls, as outlined in the CSI Board of Directors Governing Policies Manual.
- Accept, fulfill, and actively participate on board committees and Association operating committees (as elected or appointed).
- Handle all assigned responsibilities professionally and dutifully.
- Fulfill Board duties, including those outlined in the CSI Board of Directors Governing Policies Manual and Board Members’ Code of Conduct.
- Professionally express one’s opinion during board discussions and debates, and speak with one voice regarding final decisions by the Board of Directors.
- Ensure that information that is confidential is treated responsibly and is not disclosed.
- Contribute to the CSI Foundation.
- Serve as an advocate and ambassador for CSI and the AECO industry.
In collaboration with the entire Board of Directors:
- Define and ensure appropriate CSI performance, defined as:
- connecting the interests of CSI’s membership with operational performance
- written performance standards
- ensure Ends fulfillment, financial solvency, and organizational integrity by holding the Board itself accountable for effective governance
- Decide matters of association strategy, direction, and policy
- Identify and address short- and long-term Association opportunities, threats, and issues
Directors serve a three-year term beginning July 1 following election.
- Three in-person meetings annually, each approximately two days in length, and requiring travel.
- The approximate time commitment for the Director between meetings for conference calls, emails, and committee meetings may be up to 10 hours monthly.
Board Member Competencies
- Instills Trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Values Differences: Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies
- Ensures Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Professional experience
- Volunteerism within CSI and/or other associations
- Familiarity with CSI leadership training content via CSI Learning Library
Any CSI member interested in serving as Director should read through the CSI Governing Policies thoroughly.
Application Deadline: Friday, January 31, 2023
Reference: Member, CSI Board of Directors