CSI is pleased to recognize the following CSI Award Winners. Recipients were honored during the CSI Honors and Awards Ceremony at CONSTRUCT 2018 in Long Beach, CA, Thursday, Oct. 4.
- Gregory J. Markling, FCSI, Lifetime Member, CSC, CCS, CCCA
- Robert W. Simmons, FCSI, Lifetime Member, CCPR
Class of Fellows
Distinguished Service Award
- Michael G. Young, CSI, CCCA
- David A. Stutzman, CSI, CCS
- Ross Mori, CSI
- Jack Morgan, CSI, CCS, CCCA
- Gene Fosheim, CSI
- Scott M. Conwell, CSI, CDT
- Cynthia Belisle, CSI, CDT
“Distinguished Service” is defined as notable and significant contributions at the Chapter, Region or Institute level that have furthered the mission of CSI, its standing in the industry or its image to the public.
- Daniel Hargreaves, FCSI, CDT
Robert P. Brosseau Award for the Advancement of CSI
This award recognizes CSI members who have been recognized by peers as leaders focused on education and the training and mentoring of students and emerging professionals.
Andrew J. Drozda Mentorship
This award is presented to a CSI member recognized by their peers as a true mentor, one who espouses leading by example, someone recognized throughout the chapter, region, and even Institute for their actions and is one who is considered a primary support pillar for others to draw strength from and rely on for a foundation for their own participation.
- Sheryl Dodd-Hansen, FCSI, CCS, CCCA
- Kurt Moehlmann, CSI, CDT
Norman Hunter Award for Innovative Allied Organization Cooperation
This award is presented to a CSI member, Chapter, Region or Group recognized by their peers for bringing multiple construction organizations together for a single goal or event.
- CSI Chicago’s Contractor Engagement Committee
Ben John Small Technical Writing Award
This award is presented to a CSI Member recognized by their peers as an outstanding technical writer and/or expert in their field.
Outstanding Contribution Award
This award is presented to a CSI member, Chapter, Region or Group that has made commendable contributions that furthers the influence of CSI in the local construction industry; or that increases the visibility of CSI in the local construction industry; or that provides a value-added service to the chapter, region or Institute.
- Laura Jean Derrick, CSI
- CSI South East Region, Training Leadership Committee
Organizational Certificate of Appreciation
This award is presented to a firm, organization, or association who, in the opinion of their peers, has provided one of the following: Exceptional accomplishments that bring CSI (at the chapter, region or Institute
levels) to the forefront of the construction industry in their respective arenas; or promotes one of tenants of CSI – Education, Certification, or Development of Technology to benefit the construction industry; or working with the local chapter, region, or Institute to assist with their operations that provide a value-added service.
- Associated Builders and Contractors(ABC), Eastern Pennsylvania
- Hispanic American Construction Industry Association(HACIA)
This award recognizes a CSI member, chapter, region or group for outstanding effort in the communication of CSI related topics and activities.
- Jeffrey Parnell, CSI– Memphis Chapter Website
- Robert Bailey, CSI, CCS– Pittsburgh Chapter Newsletter
- Richard J. Lueb, FCSI, CCS, CCCA– Oklahoma City Newsletter
- CSI Memphis Chapter Publication, PerSPECtive
- John Dunaway, CSI, CCS- The Gulf States Leader - e-newsletter
- John Dunaway, CSI, CCS– Event Promotional Materials
- John Dunaway, CSI, CCS– Mississippi Chapter Newsletter
- CSI Chicago Chapter– Chapter Marketing Materials
- CSI Chicago Chapter– Chapter Website Redesign
- T.J. Chambers, CSI-EP– “Year in Review” Lehigh Valley Booklet
- CSINextChapter – CSINext Website
Specifier Article of the Year Award
This award is presented to the author(s) of an original article published in the Construction Specifier Magazine during the current fiscal year.
- Building in Tight Urban Spaces, August 2017, Wendy Talarico, CSI, and Frederick C. Baumert, CCS