A Certified Construction Specifier (CCS®) is a skilled product researcher who knows how to investigate and identify cost-effective, efficient solutions, and then communicate those solutions through the specifications. Achieving your CCS means:
- Developing an in-depth understanding of agreements, conditions of the contract, Division 01, and their relationships to specifications
- Having advanced skills in specification development, enabling you to use spec-writing software more effectively
- Understanding how to research and source products
After passing the CCS exam, you may use the designation "CCS" after your name, on LinkedIn, business cards and your resume — and proudly share your digital badge.
Exam Application Requirements:
- If you are not a CDT®: a minimum of five (5) years of industry experience is required, plus two (2) letters from industry references who are able to verify your experience. In order for your application to be processed, please submit reference letters in .doc or .pdf format prior to beginning registration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already a CDT: a minimum of two (2) years of industry experience is required and no references or letters are required.
Group Registration: If your organization has 10 or more certification applicants, please contact Themica McBee at email@example.com for group registration and pricing.