Interested in joining the CSI Board of Directors?
The CSI Nominating Committee is seeking application for the position of Secretary. Throw your hat in the ring to help direct the future of the Institute!
Applications are due by Friday, January 18, 2019.
Here is some more information about the position -
- Keep or cause to be kept a record of attendance and the minutes of all meetings of the Institute membership and of the Board;
- Ensure that the Institute’s governing documents are maintained and updated to reflect revisions duly made.
- Ensure the giving of proper notice of meetings of the Board and the membership.
- Perform such other duties as may be prescribed from time to time by the Board.
- Maintain record of CEO policy required reports.
The Secretary serves a two-year term beginning July 1 following election.
- An orientation, typically a two-day meeting in early June, before taking office.
- Three in-person meetings annually, approximately two days in length
- One Board meeting is held in conjunction with the CSI Annual Convention and Annual Business Meeting
- Potentially 6 board teleconferences, held on an as-needed basis.
- The monthly time commitment for the Secretary role including meetings for conference calls, emails and committee meetings is between 10 and 15 hours.
The following are desirable attributes for the role:
- Business insight - Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Balances stakeholders - Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Strategic mindset - Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Instills trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
For a full job description - click here.