2023 CSI National Conference Scholarship Application
(Log in to your CSI account first or create one.)
- Applicant must be a construction or design professional with less than five years’ experience in the AECO industry, from an underrepresented population (Women, Veteran, Minority), or an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Applicant must be 18 years old or older.
- Applicant must have a high school diploma.
- Applicants must have a maximum of 5 years of professional experience in AECO by the August 16 application deadline. This experience can include all types of practice — private, public, academic, non-profit, multi-disciplinary, and other.
- Applicants must be able to communicate in written and spoken English at an advanced/professional level and provide evidence of proficiency.
- Applicants must be able to dedicate time to the scholarship. They must obtain a letter of support from their employers for time off from their regular employment.
- Current CSI staff, members of the CSI Board of Directors, and members of CSI committees are not eligible. Former staff and former members of the CSI Board of Directors and committees who meet the above requirements are eligible.
Complete the CSI Foundation Scholarship Application. Click on the "Apply Today" button at the top of this form to upload CSI Foundation Scholarship Application and the required documentation to apply for a Certification scholarship. The required documentation includes:
- Professional Resume
- Employer Letter of Support
- Reference Letters (optional)
Accomplished and insightful leaders in the AECO discipline serve as jurors to review applications and select the scholarship participants. Applicants selected as finalists are expected to be available for a web-based video interview in September. Those selected for the scholarship will be notified in October.
Applicants are evaluated on the following:
- Quality of the applicant’s submission.
- Project’s contribution to knowledge and innovation in the discipline of AECO.
- Feasibility of project objectives.
- Potential to expand AECO leadership capacity into new areas.
- Applicant’s ability to provide and be open to mentorship, both as a mentor and a mentee.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are at a point in their careers where their participation in the CSI Scholarship is likely to be pivotal for their future growth and development as leaders in the discipline of AECO.