Click on the "APPLY TODAY!" button above to submit your nomination for a Distinguished Membership Award. (You must be logged in.)
You will need to complete and include the following completed form, Distinguished and Honorary Membership Nomination Form (PDF), as well as a recent high-resolution photo of the nominee and any other supporting documentation.
Criteria for Distinguished Membership
CSI Bylaws state the qualifications, requirements for nomination and election for Distinguished Membership. The citeria for this Honor includes:
- Individuals who have performed distinguished services to the construction industry in fields of activity related to the purposes of the Institute.
- Distinguished services shall be “over and above” that expected of a similar member performing those duties within the organization.
- The nominee’s entire body of work including this distinguished work shall be considered when reviewing the nomination.
- All nominations shall include not only a “resume” and publications listing, but shall also show how the actions identified have brought about change, enhanced the construction industry or CSI.
- Nominations shall be submitted by a Chapter or not fewer than five members in good standing.
- Additional supporting data describing the nominee’s specific areas of service shall be attached to the nomination forms.
- Titles of books, magazine articles, and special publications should be listed. Submission of the actual publication is not necessary.
- Letters of endorsement shall be submitted as supporting documentation. They may be included with the nomination or sent directly to the Institute Secretary. Letters sent directly to the Institute will be considered privileged communication.
Policy authorizing a Voluntary Background check for CSI’s highest honors was approved by the Board of Directors in October 2020. The submission form for Distinguished and Honorary Membership in CSI includes a Nominee Declaration and Voluntary Background Check Consent that must be granted before the nominee can be considered.
Please refer to the 2023 Honors & Awards Guide for further details.
Submissions are due on Thursday, May 25, 2023 by 11:59 pm EST.