What is the Let’s Build Construction Camp for Girls?
The free, week-long camp provides teenage girls and young women an opportunity to explore the world of building. Through hands-on experience and projects, the campers walk through the exploration of the architect, engineering and construction fields.
This unique construction camp puts the power into the hands of the campers by giving them the chance to build physical structures in a team environment while also exploring complementary career opportunities through field trips, games, and interactive discussions. The unique nature of the Camp organically teaches essential life lessons in leadership, communication, and confidence in problem solving.
What does the program include?
- Hands-on training through building a wall assembly
- Introduction to roles in the construction industry through guest speakers and field trips to area businesses
- Onsite demonstrations including a heavy equipment simulator and LEED primer
- Self-esteem development through skills training and challenging projects
- Inspiration and mentoring for girls to understand they have a place in the construction industry, and can become successful leaders in the future
How do I apply for funding to start one in my chapter?
We’re glad you asked! To get started click here. You will be able to fill out an application form and request funding for the program in your area and other resources. If you have any questions, comments, or are ready to submit the application, reach out to Ada Lico.
Thank you for helping us build a better tomorrow for women and our industry!