Do you have a passion for the written word? Consider being an Editorial Reviewer for The Construction Specifier
magazine!What You'll Be Doing:
Members of the CSI Editorial Advisory Committee offer subject matter expertise to the editors of The Construction Specifier magazine to maintain the professional standards of the publication and ensure it upholds the principles of CSI.
Deliverable #1: Review and correct manuscripts provided by the editors of The Construction Specifier.
Deliverable #2: Provide input as needed in development of editorial topics and sourcing of authors for The Construction Specifier magazine.
Deliverable #3: Review and judge articles nominated for CSI’s Article of the Year award.
Expect to read and review 1-2 manuscripts per month, and to review award nominees once per year. Monthly reviews are estimated to require 2-4 hours per month; review of awards nominees is anticipated to be 6-8 hours once per year. Note: Committee members work independently and generally communicate only with the chair. There are no group meetings or conference calls.
Term: 2 years, beginning December 1, 2019
- Professionals with knowledge of specification writing, possessing CCCA or CCS credentials
- Architects, specifiers, contractors, construction managers, or professional engineers welcome
- 10+ years of experience in the design/construction industry, in two or more areas of specialization
- Critical thinker with excellent command of English
- Familiar with building systems, sustainability issues, and materials performance
Interested? Apply today! (Login to the CSI website to apply.)