Specifier Editorial Advisory Board
CSI Editorial Advisory Committee members serves as subject matter experts for The Construction Specifier magazine to maintain the professional standards of the publication and ensure it upholds the principles of CSI. Committee members review manuscripts, help develop editorial topics of interest to the industry and judge articles for CSI’s Article of the Year award.
Deliverable #1: Review and correct manuscripts provided by the editors of The Construction Specifier.
Deliverable #2: Provide input as needed in development of editorial topics and sourcing of authors for The Construction Specifier magazine.
Deliverable #3: Review and judge articles nominated for CSI’s Article of the Year award.
- Composition: The Committee is chaired by the editor of The Construction Specifier magazine, plus between 9 and 14 CSI members of suitable experience and knowledge.
- Term: Committee members serve a 2-year term, beginning November 1st of each year, with the exception of the chair.
- Time Commitment: Committee members are expected to read and review 1-2 manuscripts per month, and to review award nominees once per year. Monthly reviews are expected to require 2-4 hours per month; review of awards nominees is expected be 6-8 hours once per year. Note: Committee members work independently and generally communicate only with the chair. There are no group meetings or conference calls.
- Competencies: Professionals with knowledge of specification writing, possessing CCCA or CCS credentials, and 10+ years of experience in the design/construction industry, in two or more areas of specialization. Critical thinkers with excellent command of English are needed. Committee members should be familiar with building systems, sustainability issues, and materials performance. Preference for volunteers who are published authors of technical/academic articles. Architects, specifiers, contractors, construction managers, or professional engineers are encouraged to apply.
- Staff Liaison: Rachael Curtin, Manager, Certification & Volunteers
Lane Beougher, FCSI, Lifetime Member, CCS, CCCA, CDT, CSC, DBIA, FAIA, LEED AP, NCARB
Michael Chambers, FCSI, CCS, FAIA
Carolyn Charles, RA, CSI, CDT, AIA, LEED GA
Kathryn D'Andrea, CSI, CCS, CCCA
Margaretha Eckhart, CSI, Member Emeritus, CCS, AIA
Lynn Javoroski, FCSI, Member Emeritus, CCS, CDT, LEED AP, SCIP
Brian Joos, PE, BS, CSI, CCS, CDT, EIT
Barbara Matejka, CSI, CCS, LEED AP
Mark Ogg, CSI, CCCA, CDT, PMP
Kathie Petrella, CSI
Katherine Thomas, CSI