Academic Programs Committee (APC)
The purpose of the CSI Academic Programs Committee is to integrate CSI best practices (knowledge, resources, certifications) in academic institutions to develop qualified construction and specifications professionals.
Deliverable #1: Support creation and maintenance of current, comprehensive package of resources for use by educators who present the CDT (or Project Delivery Education Program) program to students at higher education institutions.
Deliverable #2: The CSI Academic Programs Committee helps facilitate and support CSI engagement with academic institutions.
Deliverable #3: Communication – Develop and review existing tools to empower local CSI chapter members to provide credible assistance to colleges and universities.
Deliverable #4: Utilize the CSI Connect community and other resources to highlight and encourage member participation in CSI’s Academic Programs.
Current Members (through December 2021)
- Composition: The Committee is chaired by member, plus up to 8 additional members, selected by December of each year.
- Term: The committee member's term is 1 year, beginning January 1st of each year.
- Time Commitment: Committee members are expected to attend up to 12 conference calls during a 1-year period, and 2-3 additional hours of work each month reaching out to universities and academic institutions. Additional travel to 1 or 2 academic conferences are optional.
- Competencies: Professionals with an academic background, experience teaching CDT courses or who have interest in reaching out to students or current educators are encouraged to apply.
- Staff Contacts: Matt Fochs, Director, Learning, Practice, and Outreach and Kristen Gates, Manager, Learning and Instructional Design.
Stephen Gantner Jr., RA, CSI, CCS, CCCA, CDT, SCIP
Susan Bliss, CSI, CCS, CCCA, CDT, LEED AP, SCIP
Dean Bortz, MA, CSI, CCPR, CDT
Edmund Buch, FCSI, CCS, CDT, AIA, LEED AP
Dr. Glenda Mayo, PhD, CSI, CDT, CFM, LEED AP
Larry Nordin, CSI, CCS, CDT, AIA, LEED AP