4:30 pm - 6:00 pm: Cocktail Reception/Guided Project Tours
- Network w/ sponsor table tops & attendees (cash/credit card bar)
- Guided Tours of 320 South Canal (1st group departs at 5 PM, 2nd group departs at approximately 5:30 pm)
6:00 pm: Welcome, Chapter Announcements & Dinner
6:30 pm (approx.): Project Showcase Presentation
Project Showcase and Tour: 320 South Canal
Join us to tour and learn about the design and construction of the recently opened 320 S Canal building in the West Loop Gate neighborhood of Chicago. The 52-story building includes 1.5 million square feet of Class A office space with multiple private terraces, a 40 foot tall structural glass fin lobby enclosure, and an on-site 1.5-acre public park. The evening will include a guided tour of selected portions of the project, and a presentation from architects from the project team. Topics of the program will include the rigorous quality assurance process utilized to evaluate the aesthetic and technical performance of building enclosure systems, and how the contractor and architect found creative solutions for challenges uncovered during construction.
- Explain how the project team addressed multiple complex site obstructions uncovered during site excavation.
- Explore how the project team acknowledged vertical displacement in the structural design to maintain building enclosure tolerances.
- Analyze how the structural design of the glass fin system was able to achieve minimum sight lines and visibility.
- Summarize the quality assurance process used to verify the structural, waterproofing, and air leakage performance of the glass fin wall system.
Richard Barrett, AIA, Senior Associate at Goettsch Partners
Richard Barrett, AIA is a Senior Technical Designer at Goettsch Partners where he is responsible for the technical development, high-quality documentation, and project administration of multiple project building systems for construction projects throughout the United States and abroad. Richard has more than 30 years of professional experience and specializes in the creative detailing, three-dimensional detail development, and coordination of documentation for complex, custom building enclosure systems. In December of 2021, the Façade Tectonics Institute recognized Richard for his contributions to façade design, engineering, fabrication, installation and life-cycle performance, awarded with a Vitruvian Honor Award.
Katie Maciejko, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, WELL AP, Associate at Goettsch Partners
Katie Maciejko, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, WELL AP, associate at Goettsch Partners, has more than 9 years of professional experience and has worked on a variety of complex architectural projects. She has been an integral team member on large scale competitions, urban master plans and the design and construction of several commercial highrises including 2+U (Seattle, WA), 145 Broadway (Cambridge, MA), and One Chicago (Chicago, IL).
More recently, Mrs. Maciejko has assisted from design concept to the construction completion of BMO Tower (Chicago, IL). As such, she works closely with the design and consultant team to assure that a consistent, high-quality set of documentation is produced.
Registration Cost (Includes Dinner)
Registration closes 2 days before the event or when capacity is met. Event space is limited to the first 80 registered attendees. Registration is refundable up to 7 days before the event.
CSI Member = $50
CSI Non-Member = $100
- Enter the building from Canal Street and see the security desk to be checked-in and directed to elevators.
- If parking at the building, take elevators to the lobby and see the security desk to be checked-in and directed to elevators.
- Car and bike users can access the building garage at 333 S Clinton Street. All parking fees are the responsibility of attendees.
- 320 S Canal is connected to Union Station via an enclosed Pedway.
TABLE TOP SPONSORS - SOLD OUT!