Event Time Line on Saturday, April 28, 2018:
7:30 – 7:45 am - Park & board buses at RTMC HQ The Tool Bank (1500 S Western Ave, Chicago, IL 60608).
8:00am Volunteers arrive at home begin work
12:50pm Group photo
1:00pm Work resumes
3:00pm Final clean up volunteers begin to bus back to cars as work is complete
5:00pm All work complete
Parking at the house is limited to on street parking and we need to ensure those bringing vehicles with tools and materials park in front of house. We encourage anyone who is able to take advantage of the Rebuilding Together bus shuttles that will be running through out the day. Shuttle pick up will be at 1500 S Western Ave, Chicago, IL.Volunteer Waiver:
All volunteers must submit a waiter of liability (2018_Rebuilding_Together_Waiver_of_Liability_Form.pdf
) prior to being at the home site. Please submit this form as soon as possible to Kathy at email@example.com.Professionals: We are looking for a few professionals to donate their time and/or materials:
- Concrete sidewalk walk repair - Donation of crew and materials. Work needed to help divert water from the foundation.
- Kitchen cabinet/countertop demo/install - Donation of crew and/or materials.
- Who can come? Members and non-members. We ask that participants be at least 18 years of age. Any under 18 years of age, needs to contact Kathy St. Joseph to discuss prior to registering.
- What if I can't attend all day? We have a lot to get done in one day so we would love to have you join us for a full day, but if you can only spare a few hours, we understand. Please indicate when you are able to come on your registration.
- Can I help if I am not handy? Yes! There is a variety of projects from cleaning and gardening to demo and install. No mater your skill level, we will find a task for you.
- I have experience in personal or professional home remodel, does that help? Yes! If you have construction experience, please volunteer to lead a project task team when you register and let us know what area you have experience in.
- Can I donate something? The committee is looking for materials and gift cards donations. Please contact one of the house captains to coordinate the donation. This information can also be filled in on your volunteer registration form.
If you or your company have something to donate, please contact on of our house captains to coordinate. The sooner we know the better so we can start to plan our work.
- Paint and painting supplies for 5 rooms
- Carpet tiles for 5 rooms
- Kitchen wall cabinets, base cabinets and countertop
- Kitchen sink
- Gas stove
- 4 window A/C units
- 5 ceiling fans/light fixtures with remote on/off
- Light fixture for bathroom
- LED Light Bulbs
- Bathroom medicine cabinet with light fixture
- Grab bars
- Toilet seat
- Shower head bar with handheld
- Washer and dryer
- Window treatments
- TV wall bracket
- Rack for pantry
- Cash or gift cards
- Safety equipment for volunteers: safety glasses, work gloves, dust masks, etc. (Donation or lend for the day.)
- Tools: Please let us know if you have tools that you can lend for the volunteers to use that day.
- Other material donations? Please let Guadalupe know what you might be able to donate and she can advise if it is something the home could use!
CSI Chicago Rebuilding Together Key Contacts:
Committee Members: Paul Larson, Anne Waliczek, Rachel Nava