The 2020 CSI Chicago CDT Scholarship awards up to two deserving individuals. Applications are due by December 11, 2020. Results of the scholarship will be announced by email to all applicants in January 2021. Please reach out to us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Scholarship applicants are required to:
- Be a student or emerging professional in the construction industry and not a current CSI member.
- Student: You are a full-time student enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in a construction industry curriculum at an educational institution.
- Emerging Professional: You have fewer than three years experience in any construction-related field.
- Be recommended by a current CSI member (via a recommendation letter).
- Be living, working, or attending school in the Chicagoland area.
- Be able to participate in the 2021 CSI Chicago CDT Exam Study Class and is interested in taking the spring 2021 CDT Exam.
- Join CSI Chicago’s AEC Future Leader committee from July 2021-June 2022 upon being chosen as a scholarship recipient.
- Applications are due by December 11, 2020.
- Submit application documents by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “2021 CDT Class Scholarship”
- Complete the following application documents:
- Scholarship Application Form: <Download Blank Application Form>
- Application Statement: Provide a brief statement (max. 300 words) in your submission email explaining why it is important to you to earn your CDT Certification.
- Member Recommendation Letter: Provide a letter of recommendation from a CSI member that includes member contact information, home chapter, explanation of their relationship with applicant and why they feel the applicant deserves the scholarship. Letters can be addressed to CSI Chicago’s Future AEC Committee. If you do not know a CSI member, please send an email to email@example.com requesting to be introduced to a member for purposes of applying for this scholarship. We will introduce you to a chapter leader who will set up a 15 minute virtual interview you. Upon completion of the interview, the leader will advise if they will provide you a recommendation letter for the scholarship.
The scholarship, valued over $1,000 per recipient, includes the following items:
Scholarship Payment Terms
After scholarship recipients are selected and notified, the following steps will take place to pay out the scholarship:
- Chapter will enroll recipients in Chicago Chapter's CDT Exam Study Class and pay registration fee.
- Recipient will pay dues out of pocket to join the CSI Chicago Chapter and submit receipt to chapter for reimbursement.
- Recipient will pay out of pocket registration fee for Project Delivery Practice Guide – 3rd Edition (at member rate) and submit receipt to chapter for reimbursement.
- Recipient will pay out of pocket for Spring 2021 Construction Documents Technology (CDT) Certification Exam (at early member registration rate) and submit receipt to chapter for reimbursement. If recipient chooses not to register for the spring 2021 CDT Exam, they will forfeit this portion of the scholarship.
- Recipient will pay dues out of pocket to renew their CSI Chicago Chapter membership for second year and submit receipt to chapter for reimbursement.
CSI Chicago reserves the right to revoke a scholarship at any time if the board determines that the recipient cannot fulfill the obligations of the scholarship requirements listed above.