As we head into the holiday season during these unprecedented times, I could not be more thankful for our members, partners, and Executive Director’s dedication to our mission to advance the greater Chicago area design and construction communities knowledge of building information management, construction technology, and project delivery methods to improve facility performance while fostering relationships and promoting education.
Our plan to utilize digital technology to drive engagement and connection has not been easy, but everyone has supported the plan wholeheartedly and has not backed down from any of the challenges we have faced. This has inspired me to compile a list of five innovations we as a chapter should be thankful for this holiday season.
- New Member Portal – I am thankful that the membership committee developed and launched our new member portal to provide members easy and exclusive access to chapter news, member news, partner news and useful links to get the most out of their membership. With so much change happening in the chapter we needed an easier way for members to stay up to date in real time. (Access Member Portal. Log in required.)
- New Event Center – I am thankful that all of our committees worked together and developed and launched our new event center. We enhanced our member, partner, and advertiser benefits by allowing them the ability to share their events with our chapter community, since we needed an easier way for our chapter community to view our chapter events and the events beyond our chapter. (View Event Center.)
- New Online Volunteer Forms – I am thankful that the Executive Committee pushed to develop and launch our new online volunteer forms. We needed to provide our members with an easier way to raise their hand to volunteer and get involved in our chapter. (View Online Member Volunteer Area. Log in required.)
- New Member Meet & Greets – I am thankful for our Membership Committee’s dedication to improving our new member onboarding process. It is not always easy being a new member of an organization and we needed a virtual way to quickly help our new members meet veteran members who can help them get started navigating our chapter.
- Virtual Technology Platforms Zoom & Hopin’ – I am thankful that our Program Committee, Social Committee, CSi2eye Committee, and Membership Committee came together to agree that we will only be utilizing the virtual technology platforms Zoom and Hopin’ for our chapter’s online networking and educational events. This will ensure our chapter community does not have to learn a new virtual technology platform every time they come to a chapter event.
I hope you all have a happy holiday season! If you have any questions regarding the changes happening within the chapter please feel free to reach out to myself, a board member, or Beth Winkler.
CSI Chicago President