9:45 - 11:45 | Morning Sessions
Let's Talk About Specs Baby
Speaker: Cherise Lakeside
This session is appropriate for any member of the AEC industry (architect, engineer, contractor, product representative, owner, etc.) who would like a better understanding of the contract documents and their role in the project delivery process as well as basic procedures to avoid conflicts.
This course covers the basics of:
- The main causes of risk in a design firm.
- Contract documents and contractual relationships.
- Specification basics of organization, language, roles and responsibilities and appropriate procedures.
- The relationship of the General conditions and other administrative requirements.
- Common areas needing coordination in your documents on a project.
- Common areas of conflict.
- The CSI CDT and why it is a game changer.
- And why all this matters!
- Discuss the basic anatomy of a specification.
- Identify basics of the role of the general conditions with other administrative requirements in the project.
- Illustrate some of the basic principles and procedures of specification writing, language and risk.
- Recognize some of the most common areas of conflict in specifications and how to avoid them.
Preparing Code Complaint Plans
Speaker: Greg Burke
Details Coming Soon!