In 1990, I joined CSI and for 28 years have been experiencing the great benefits of continuing education opportunities, networking, and great working relationships – all contributing to my personal and professional growth in the construction industry.
One of my presidency goals is to set up a committee to evaluate CSI’s core values and develop a long-range strategic plan. This will enhance our membership experience and grow our membership. I plan on using our meeting members for mentoring and educating the upcoming professionals (AIA, Engineering, and Construction Management, etc.) that will be developing the specifications and documents in our ever-changing design and construction industry.
Create awareness and develop our mission to be “Construction Educators” in the Twin Cities area:
• Develop programs of interest to all facets of our memberships: contractors, designers, owners, and suppliers.
• Increase awareness and promotion of CSI programs and seminars through public relations, intense promotion, and early notification which includes utilization of CSI’s website and newsletter.
• Develop a question and answer column on the website for the members to submit questions for our specialists in the organization and industry to answer.
• Develop a CSI mentor program with a list of current/retired specifiers in our industry which will assist new upcoming construction advocates in becoming potential future specifiers for contractors, designers, owners, and suppliers.
• Develop an education committee that can coordinate with the Institute on the development of an education workshop that includes current trends and contributes in training upcoming specifiers in the construction industry.
Increase exposure of CSI outside of the membership:
• Build alliances with other construction-related professional organizations.
• Encourage joint meetings between organizations and chapter to chapter.
• Expand and increase public awareness in educational information and development with other construction-related organizations through quick access on the CSI website.
− Develop discussion forums.
− Develop location of website to post chapter highlights for special work done or committee requests.
• Develop criteria on how to sustain existing members and increase membership.
The Minneapolis/St. Paul Chapter of CSI will be celebrating its 60th Anniversary on September 20, 2018, starting at 5:00 P.M. at the Midland Hills Country Club, and I would like to invite everyone to consider attending this wonderful and amazing milestone. Additional information regarding registration is available on the website.
Cynthia Long || CSI, CDT
CSI Minneapolis-St. Paul Chapter