Do you often get asked about how you do something in your job, or perhaps you find yourself training or supporting others in the work you do? One-off mentoring is valuable, but also takes a lot of your time while only impacting a select few. Expand the reach of your knowledge by supporting professionals looking to learn from their peers!
Professionals at all levels of expertise are needed to develop sessions on the following industry topics and best practices:
- Fundamentals of Project Conception, Project Delivery, and Construction Documentation
- Understanding and supporting the Design Process
- Understanding the many aspects of Procurement and Preconstruction
- Overview and process of the Construction Phase
- Responsibilities and activities leading up to Project Close-out and ongoing through Building Lifecycle
- Building Product Research, Analysis, Evaluation, and Application
- Construction Team, Document, and Contract Coordination
- Development, organization, and production of Specifications
- Defining and use of General Requirements
- Using and leveraging Project Records, Forms, Site Visits/Observations and Documentation
- Planning for and maintaining Quality Assurance and Quality Control measures
You can indicate a specific topic that’s already developed or a topic(s) you’d like to assist in developing and/or presenting in an upcoming session(s).
These learning programs will be part of CSI's online practice communities and certification study communities which serve as hubs for sharing ideas and introducing new information. Programs are offered as both live webinars and as recorded, OnDemand programming with the help of industry partners and volunteers.
Deliverable #1: Depending on the breadth of content and relevance to CSI’s audience, sessions can range from 15-minute “explainer” sessions up to multi-part sessions that are broken up into 45-minute segments.
Deliverable #2: For each session developed, a clear set of learning objectives and intended audiences will be crafted with input from CSI’s Knowledge Committee and Staff.
Deliverable #3: Each session will contain suggested reading materials and a short assessment of knowledge retention. Volunteers will be asked to assist in the curating and crafting of these items to best reflect the intent of the original programming.
Tentative dates through December 2020 for which speakers/moderators will be needed are below.
These represent live practice sessions and live study group sessions:
- July 9, 28
- August 6, 20, 25
- September 3, 17, 22, 29, 30
- October 1, 6, 7, 8, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 22, 27, 28, 29
- November 5, 19, 24
- December 3, 17, 22