Are you interested in furthering your professional education and providing better services to your clients? Then you need your CDT Certification (Construction Documents Technologist). We are once again offering a CDT Class Series for the Fall 2019 exam window. We offer classes with experienced instructors to help you understand the material needed to pass the exam.
CSI professional credentials are evidence of proven knowledge, education, and experience with construction documents. Holding a certification demonstrates professional commitment, credibility and reliability to employers, colleagues, and clients.
This ten-class series is useful for everyone in the A/E/C industry who wants to understand the processes, roles/responsibilities, and project delivery from cradle to grave. This class is also beneficial as an additional resource to the textbook for preparing for the CDT exam.
The CDT exam (Construction Documents Technologist) is the foundation course for all design/construction individuals. Studying for the exam will help you learn about contractual relationships and documents organization/procedures. Getting CDT certification means that you understand how a project unfolds from conception to delivery and you understand the documentation involved. Candidates can have any level of experience in any discipline in the built environment.
Classes begin August 6th at Mutual Materials new showroom in the Pearl District. SOMETHING NEW THIS YEAR is that we are offering live video conferencing of the class series for those who cannot attend the class in person due to difficulties from traveling (product reps) or for those who live outside of our area and do not have a local chapter with a CDT class. While physical attendance is always best so you can ask questions and collaborate with other attendees, we recognize that this is difficult for some.
Something to Consider: Become a Portland CSI Member! The difference in exam costs for Member vs. Non-Member more than covers a Portland CSI Membership. Why not get certified AND have access to incredible industry education and events all year long. Trust me, you will thank me later!
Mutual Materials Portland Showroom
2175 NW Raleigh Street, Suite 103
Portland, Oregon 97210
Parking may be provided. Specific details will be provided to class registrants prior to the first class.
All classes will be held from 6pm to 8pm on the following dates:
August – 6, 13, 20, 27
September, 3, 10, 17, 24
October – 1, 15 (no class October 8th due to CONSTRUCT)
Contact: Cherise Lakeside, Instructor, Portland CSI, email@example.com
CDT Class Cost Only – In person or via Live Webinar (does not include exam registration fee or class materials):
- Members: $150
- Non-members: $250
- Students (Student ID required): $75
- Note: Please indicate whether you are registering for the Live Webinar or the In-Person Class and be sure that you can access the email address that you provide. Class information and dial-in information will be sent weekly.
CDT Exam Registration Dates and Costs – Fall 2019:
Exam Window: October 14 to November 22, 2019
Pass/Fail Notifications Sent: January 2020
Exam Registration: July 8 – October 9
$375 CSI Member/$625 Non-member
Late Registration: October 10 – October 31
$545 CSI Member/$795 Non-Member
Student Registration (with Valid ID/Transcript) $165
Please Note: This registration if for the Portland CSI CDT Class Series ONLY.
To register and pay for your exam, you must go to https://www.csiresources.org/certification/cdt. When you receive your registration confirmation, it will include instructions on how to schedule a test date at a local testing center. The earlier you register for the exam, the lower the cost. The earlier you schedule your test date at a testing center, the more choices you will have for dates. It is very important that you do all three of these steps.
- Register and pay for the CDT class with Portland CSI.
- Register and pay for the exam with Institute. (PDX CSI has no involvement in this piece of the process.)
- When you receive your confirmation, follow the instructions to schedule your test date with a local testing center.
Materials you will Need for the Class (you purchase separately):
- Project Delivery Practice Guide 2nd Edition
- AIA A201, General Conditions of the Contract for Construction, 2017 Edition
- Free Exam Candidate Handbook located here: https://www.csiresources.org/certification/cdt/cdt-exam-description
- There are other materials that are not required for the class but will help your knowledge building. You can review the list here: https://www.csiresources.org/certification/cdt/cdt-source-materials
Please review the Exam Overview AND download the Free Exam Candidate Handbook for information about the exam here: https://www.csiresources.org/certification/cdt/cdt-exam-description
- 2 AIA Learning Units are available with each class except for the final review class.
- You may bring a snack or dinner to class provided it is not disruptive, you clean up after yourself and take your garbage with you. Hungry people don’t learn as well! There is a New Seasons grocery store right across the street from Mutual Materials.
** Please note that additional detailed information specific to the class will be sent to registrants the week before the first class. Please review all of the information above as most questions can be answered there. If you still have questions, feel free to email Cherise at the email address above.