Virtual Mock-Up Tour of Masonry, Ventilated Rainscreen, and Tile Assemblies
Presented by: Jeff Diqui,CSI
and Scott Conwell, FCSI, CDT, FAIA, LEED AP
Directors of Industry Development and Technical Service
International Masonry Institute
This virtual tour will review and discuss details of a variety of large-scale, masonry assembly mockups including:
- Brick and block cavity wall drainage assemblies.
- Structural masonry assemblies.
- Back-ventilated rainscreens, including terra cotta, porcelain tile, and engineered/natural stone.
We will examine each assembly to review:
- Related components.
- Functions of the components.
- Interface detailing.
- Moisture and movement strategies.
The tour will also include training and certification mockups for critical tasks in ceramic tile installation including large format tile, membranes, shower assemblies, mud work, grouts, and gauged porcelain tile.
Learn more and register at the Chicago chapter website: