Do you struggle with woodworking specifications? Trying to figure out how to get the quality level you want on your next project? Don't miss this presentation. Join CSI-Madison and AIA-SW for a presentation by Margaret Fisher, Communications Strategist, Architectural Woodwork Institute.
Note the special date: 1/22/2018
Time: 5:00-8:00pm (Social hour, with meal at 6:00)
Cost: Chapter Members $25, Nonmembers $35 (includes dinner). Students $7
Registration: Please register by Friday January 18 if possible.
The objective of this course is to learn. Also to understand the measurable qualities and properties of custom woodwork grades while recognizing the importance of adequate specification to protect the integrity of the design vision.
Credit Value: 1 AIA HSW LU credit
- 1. To be able to identify reasons for using AWI Standards in architectural and design projects.
- 2. Learn the history and status of the current standards.
- 3. Recognize differences in Standards values and attributes
- 4. Understand how to harmonize the standards with quality certification inspections
- 5. Know what key elements belong in specifications when citing woodwork standards
AIA Members can sign up at the link