March 4, 2020
Monthly meeting of the Mississippi Chapter of CSI.
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
The Manship Wood Fired Kitchen
1200 North State St.
Jackson, Mississippi 39202Designing with Metal
Presented and Sponsored by: Berridge / Pillar Building SolutionsSelect Here for Registration
This presentation provides an understanding of the benefits of using metal over alternative materials. This course covers both wall and roofing applications and how they are used within different construction building types. The design professional will learn which characteristics should be considered when choosing metal, develop an understanding of its sustainability, performance, finishes and best practices for its installation. Case studies and project examples will be provided to help illustrate the benefits, diversity and unique properties of using metal on various projects.
- Identify the innate characteristics of metal that contribute to its superior performance as a sustainable cladding material
- Discuss the various finish options available with metal cladding and impacts on its performance
- Describe how metal roofing and cladding can reduce heat islands and reduce materials use through life-cycle assessment.
- Review design challenges and best practices for the specification and installation of metal cladding for conventional and sustainable design project.
- Identify design challenges and best practices for the specification and installation of metal cladding
- Discuss case studies and project examples using metal cladding and roofing