March 4, 2020
Monthly meeting of the Mississippi Chapter of CSI.
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
The Manship Wood Fired Kitchen
1200 North State St.
Jackson, Mississippi 39202Designing with MetalSelect Here for Registration
This presentation provides an understanding of the benefits of using metal over alternative materials. This course covers both wall and roofing applications and how they are used within different construction building types. The design professional will learn which characteristics should be considered when choosing metal, develop an understanding of its sustainability, performance, finishes and best practices for its installation. Case studies and project examples will be provided to help illustrate the benefits, diversity and unique properties of using metal on various projects.Learning Objectives:
Presented By: Patrick Berridge
- Identify the innate characteristics of metal that contribute to its superior performance as a sustainable cladding material
- Discuss the various finish options available with metal cladding and impacts on its performance
- Describe how metal roofing and cladding can reduce heat islands and reduce materials use through life-cycle assessment.
- Review design challenges and best practices for the specification and installation of metal cladding for conventional and sustainable design project.
- Identify design challenges and best practices for the specification and installation of metal cladding
- Discuss case studies and project examples using metal cladding and roofing
Patrick has been employed with Berridge Manufacturing Company for over 35 years. Berridge specializes in architectural standing seam and wall panels based out of San Antonio, Texas and will be celebrating 50 years in the industry this August. As the Regional Sales Manager for Berridge, Patrick is responsible for meeting around the country with Architects and educating them as well as potential clients about the advantages of Metal Roofing and Siding for their current and future projects.Sponsored By: Pillar Building Solutions and Berridge Manufacturing Company
Pillar Building Solutions understands the architectural design process. They work closely to develop specifications that produce quality, sustainable roofing and waterproofing systems which are uniquely designed to specifically meet the needs of each individual project. These are designed to improve the life as well as to improve the everyday efficiency of the building. Their experienced staff will help you get the most out of your project. They can help with any questions you may have about details and product performance.
Berridge Manufacturing Company specializes in research and development of architectural sheet metal products. Since 1970, it has provided customers with the industry’s highest quality metal roofing and siding products. In response to market demand, Berridge developed reconstructive building products for the restoration of historical buildings. A complete line of residential roofing and siding products round out the extensive product line, giving Berridge the industry’s most comprehensive line of architectural metal products.