Join us for a tour of the Wisconsin Union Redevelopment Project (Phase 2) at Memorial Union. A dinner will follow.
Meet at the fountain at 4:15. Tour begins at 4:30. Dinner at 6:00.
Hourly parking is available at the Campus Ramp on Lake Street. 415 N. Lake St.
By attending this session, attendees will learn:
- How historic structures can be renovated and re-purposed
- Understand the challenges of renovating during operations
- Embedding modern improvements into historic finishes
- Lowering the loading dock structure to accommodate a public park overhead
- Improving the efficiency of service deliveries to save operating costs
- How the project received an ACEC 2018 Engineering Excellence Award