Unconscious bias can create tension and inequity in many work situations. It is possible, however, to educate, advocate, and improve culture from the “norm” of the white male-dominated construction industry to one of increased equity and inclusion.
You are invited to join us for this informative panel discussion focusing on Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace. Led by six employees from Clark Construction Company of Michigan, we will discuss what implemented effective management-led initiatives have helped them to continuously evolve and improve as an organization and promote the success of more women in the construction industry.
Additional Detail and Format:
- Moderator Kimara Mayberry, Training and Development Coordinator will lead the team in discussion. She will also share some of her experiences from her HR career and with Clark.
- Sam Clark, President will discuss the "why" and the importance of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. He will describe how Clark Construction Company as an organization began the journey to significant cultural change and inclusion through understanding of subconscious bias. Sam will also discuss the strategic tools and resources available to support change in these areas.
- Traci Brower, Senior Estimator will describe some of her construction career successes as a business owner and an exceptional estimator. Traci will also share insights on workplace culture and success in male-dominated environments.
- Becky Timberlake, Senior Project Manager will outline the path for success and upward mobility in the construction industry. A successful Senior Project Manager and mother of three, Becky will also share strategies for career success while maintaining balance in family life.
- Janice Suchan, Vice President of Marketing and Business Development will talk about career progression for professional women and the importance of mentors and champions. She will also discuss the value of establishing internal employee resource groups.
- Lyn Hewitt, Vice President Human Resources will discuss changes to our industry and the expectations for the modern workforce. Also she will review keys to success and sustainability in organizational change. Lyn will also discuss management of compensation structures that maximize equality and in a diverse workforce.