The Akron-Canton and the Cleveland Chapters of CSI are proud to once again offer scholarships to college students who are presently (2019) enrolled in an accredited college or university serving the construction industry in the northeast Ohio area, and desires to pursue a career in the construction industry. This scholarship will be for the 2019- 2020 school year.
Requirements for the scholarships are as follows:
- Student must be willing to become a student CSI member and join the awarding chapter.
- The applicant must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 in a 4 point system.
- The applicant must have a 1st year standing in a two year program; 2nd or 3rd year standing in a four year program; 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, year standing in a five year program.
- The applicant must be majoring in an accredited course of study pertaining to the construction industry in one or more of the following categories: Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Interior Design, Construction Engineering, Construction management, Construction Technology, or Building Systems Design.
- Applicant must submit an original essay, between 500 – 1,000 words, on the topic “Why do you want to pursue a career in the construction Industry and how do you feel you can contribute to the construction industry after you graduate?”
We would appreciate your assistance in letting students know about the scholarships the Akron-Canton & Cleveland CSI are offering this year. You may send or post the application below as needed.
If you would like to join the scholarship committee, reach out to Kyle Craven at email@example.com