Gulf States Region

View Only
  • 1.  News and Reminds for GSR

Posted 12-06-2022 11:18 AM

Hello Gulf States Region,

We are in the season of celebration and thanksgiving. The GSR has a lot to celebrate. Take a moment and appreciate all that you accomplished individually, as a Chapter, and Region.  Thank you for your service.
    Last month I met a few region members for the first time as Director. We had a great discussion on many topics, all for the betterment of CSI.  I appreciate you all sharing your thoughts and ideas. Please keep them coming.

Here are a few highlights from last month's meeting, along with some reminders.

Institute News

CSI National Conference

This year product show was sold out. I was probably the most diverse conference that I have attended. From the feedback received, attendees were pleased with the programs and education options.
    The GSR was well represented during the Celebration Ceremony. Gray Bergeron was elevated to Fellowship. We also received three Communications Awards, two Organizational Certificate of Appreciation and six Outstanding Chapter Commendation. Well done GSR.

Next year's Conference will be in Minneapolis, MN, Oct 4-6, 2023.

MSR – Master Specifier Retreat is February 1 - 3, 2023 at Marriott Sanibel Harbour Resort & Spa in Fort Myers, Florida. 

CROSSWALK  - CSI is moving the bar forward with CROSSWALK® for Microsoft Word. 

CSI Website

The CSI Resources website continues to evolve with our communities, with the addition of a learning library. Join the thousands of professionals who have taken advantage of this great resource! CSI Learning Library

Leadership Training can be found our website. The videos cover general board leadership information. It is a good introduction for new members new to Boards and a refresher for 

veteran leader:  Leadership Training

The volunteer portal has been updated. If you would like to join a committee, please visit the following link: Volunteer 

Region News

There are committee chair position open in the Region. Contact Jerry Curtis or Randall Lewis for more information. 

GSR Conference is June 8-10 in Memphis. You can sign up for updates at this link: 2023 GSR Conference

It is time to start prepping for Region Award submissions. The Bishop Award submissions are due January 15, 2023. Please see Bruce Martin for more details. All other awards submissions are due March 01 or as determined by the Awards Chair.

The deadline for Membership Change request is January 15th, to make the February board agenda.

There are several Chapters hosting events in the upcoming months. Let's share that information and promote these events. 

• Chattanooga Chapter Product Show is February 16, 2023.  
    • Mississippi Product Show is February 22, 2023.

Please keep this items in mind for your 2023 calendar. I wish you well.

Merry Christmas!   Feliz Navidad!   Happy Holidays!

Betina Latiker, CSI, CDT

------------------------------
    Betina Latiker CSI, CDT
    Project Manager
    Carthage MS
    601-209-4671
    ------------------------------