Where Are the Next Specifiers?
Thursday, September 23: 4:15-5:00 p.m.
- Susan W Bliss, CSI, CCS®, CDT®, CCCA®, SCIP, LEED AP, Specifier, Principal, Spec Services, LLC
- Beth Stroshane, CSI, CCS®, LEED AP, Managing Partner, Applied Building Information, LLC
- Holly Jordan, FCSI, CCS®, CDT®, A-SCIP, LEED AP BD+C, Director of Specifications, Perkins&Will
It’s been a question for decades: “Where are our next specifiers?” We have an answer for you! They are right here, ready and excited to enter this fascinating career. Yes, to them it is an exciting field because they see the importance of specifications and how specifications enable the architect to achieve the desired result. We offer suggestions on where to find the best candidate, planning a training road map, and how to overcome the barriers.
- Recognize how to find and develop a specifier
- Identify the characteristics of a good specifier
- Recognize the benefits of investing in a training program
- Set up a training road map