Making the Right Choice: Storefront, Window Wall, or Curtain Wall?
Presented by: Patrick Duffy, CSI, CCPR, CDT | President, Advanced Building Products
Glazed building enclosures have a dynamic impact on the performance and appearance of any construction project. Understanding the fundamental aspects of the glazed system types available is a critical step towards a successful enclosure design.
For this program, Patrick Duffy CSI, CCPR, CDT will draw on his 35+ years of design experience and technical expertise in façade system construction to examine aluminum-framed glazing systems, specifically storefront, window wall, and curtain wall systems. The presentation will review system selection criteria including structural requirements, performance criteria, aesthetic concerns, and system costs. Case studies highlighting system applications throughout Wisconsin and Illinois will be included.
- Describe typical storefront, window wall, and curtain wall systems.
- Compare the differences between aluminum-framed, glazed wall systems, and the properties to consider when selecting a system for your project.
- Summarize industry performance criteria standards for each system.
- Recall case studies throughout Illinois and Wisconsin to discuss in detail why specific glazing systems were selected.
Continuing Education: 1.0 AIA CES LU
Cost For Program Held Via Zoom:
- CSI Chicago Members: FREE
- CSI Member(Non-Chicago Chapter): $20*
- Non-Member Professionals: $40* (3 or more years of experience in construction)
- Non-Member Emerging Professionals: $20* (Fewer than 3 years of experience in construction)
- Non-Member Student: $10* (Full-time student enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program)
*Save 50% on your registration fee when you register by April 8, 2021.
Space is limited to the first 100 registered attendees. Registration is refundable up to 5 days before the event.
About Our Presenter:
Patrick Duffy is the owner of Advanced Building Products. With over 35 years of experience, Patrick is an expert in aluminum framed glazing system design, performance standards and building envelope requirements. He is also adept in integrating building substrates with storefront, window, and curtain wall systems. Marrying product performance with design, Patrick helps architects, specifiers, contractors, and developers create beautiful building facades. Patrick is a long-time, active member of CSI and the CSI Chicago chapter, maintains CDT and CCPR certifications, and holds a bachelor’s degree in construction from Bradley University.