Delivering the Value of BIM to Owners with a Digital Twin
Marcus Kim, Technical Solutions Executive, Autodesk
Eddy Krygiel, AIA, Principal Major Projects Executive, Autodesk
Digital Twin is a trending topic in the AEC industry today. Like BIM during the early days, digital twin is a revolutionary idea that is often spoken to but not entirely understood. At its simplest, the digital twin represents a collection of digital data that represents for the AEC industry anything from a general physical object or engineering component to an entire building. However, some mistake a digital twin as nothing more than three-dimensional digital model. What people fail to understand is the value a digital twin offers when deliberately created for a targeted use.
- Identify and summarize the digital twin concept.
- Identify the layers of information and data that are able to be incorporated into a digital twin.
- Explore examples of how utilizing digital twin would influence the AEC industry.
- Investigate a digital platform available to manage the data that comprises a digital twin.
Continuing Education: Pending approval.
Cost For Program Held Via Zoom:
- CSI Chicago Members: FREE
- CSI Member(Non-Chicago Chapter): $20*
- Non-Member Professionals: $40* (3 or more years of experience in construction)
- Non-Member Emerging Professionals: $20* (Fewer than 3 years of experience in construction)
- Non-Member Student: $10* (Full-time student enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program)
*Save 50% on your registration fee when you register by March 23, 2021.
Space is limited to the first 100 registered attendees. Registration is refundable up to 5 days before the event.
About Our Presenters:
Technical Solutions Executive, Autodesk
Marcus currently works with manufacturer owners/operators and advises them on BIM and technology workflows. He received his bachelor’s degree in architecture studies from the University of Illinois at Chicago, and an associate’s in arts and sciences in digital media from the American Academy of Art. He has spent the majority of his 20+ professional career as a consultant, providing BIM thought leadership to large AEC companies.
Marcus is the author of the Mastering Revit series of books. He is based in the north suburbs of Chicago.
Eddy Krygiel, AIA
Principal Major Projects Executive, Autodesk
Eddy focuses on BIM and technology workflows for AEC clients. He received his bachelor’s degree in architecture from the University of Kansas School of Architecture and Urban Design. He has over 20 years of experience in architectural offices with projects ranging from single-family residential to office, federal, civic, and aviation.
Eddy is the author of more than 18 books on BIM and sustainability to include both Mastering Revit series and Green BIM. He has also taught BIM, construction documents, and architectural communication at the University of Kansas School of Architecture.