COLLOIDAL SILICA CONCRETE WATERPROOFING
Curing & Waterproofing At Time-Of-Placement
Moisture issues in concrete got you down? Come find out about a proven method of moisture management using Colloidal Silicas. Gain a basic understanding of concrete terminology and the reasons why we have so many moisture related concrete issues. Learn what Colloidal Silicas and Crystalline Silicates are and why they are so very different when it comes to mitigating concrete. The many benefits of using a Colloidal Silica go beyond moisture issues. Don’t be left in the deep end, we are here to throw you a life preserver. Presented by:
John Spires, Division Vice President - Spray-Lock Concrete Protection
Continuing Education: 1.0 AIA/CES HSW/ LU (Course No. CSCW-01)
- Understand basic concrete technology and terminology
- Identify moisture-related problems and their root causes
- Understand curing and its importance
- Distinguish between different types of concrete waterprooﬁng treatments
- Distinguish between colloidal silica and crystalline silicate
- Understand the beneﬁts of colloidal silica treatments and how they contribute to:
- Sustainable Design & Construction
- Healthy Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ)
Registration: Required by Monday February 4.
Limited seating available on a first come basis. Complimentary to members and non-members. About the Presenter:
John Spires is Vice President of the Floor Moisture Control Division at Spray-Lock Concrete Protection, LLC who partners with Flooring Professionals, General Contractors, Architects, Engineers, Spec Writers and others to find solutions to problems caused by moisture in concrete. Since joining Spray-Lock Concrete Protection in 2016, John has worked with concrete experts and flooring professionals to optimize concrete curing, improve construction schedules, protect exterior concrete and proactively deal with floor moisture problems to eliminate the need for costly moisture mitigation. John’s project experiences span the Healthcare, Education, Hospitality, Multi-family Residential, Retail and Infrastructure markets.
Prior to joining Spray-Lock, John worked in the Construction Equipment Industry for nearly 3 decades and is a U.S. Navy Veteran.