Top 10 Roof Spec Sins: Part Deux
While roofing systems make up a very minor percentage of construction costs, the roof design, installation, and maintenance has a monumental impact on the overall performance and success of a project.
For this roundtable, a manufacturer’s technical roofing specialist and experienced roofing contractor will return to continue our discussion on common pitfalls found in roofing specifications, and how to close performance gaps and quality loopholes in your roof system specifications.If you missed part one of this series, you are still encouraged to attend.Moderator:
Melissa Gibson, NCARB, CSI, CCS, CCCA, LEED AP BD+C | Associate Vice President, Specifier - EpsteinPanel Participants:
- Bob Moretti, MBA, CDT, CSI; Roofing Advisor, Architectural and Technical Specialist - Tremco.
- Brian Vladovich; Project Manager - Olsson Roofing Company, Inc.
1.0 AIA/CES HSW/LU
In person or webcast attendance is available for this roundtable.
- Describe at least two preventable causes of roof systems failure.
- Identify portions of roof system specifications that can leave loopholes in both the performance and quality of roof systems.
- Describe at least three practices that can be implemented in roof system design and specifications to close gaps in performance and quality requirements.
- Understand key quality assurance and submittal requirements that can help ensure a compliant roof system.
Registration: Required by Friday, January 4.
Limited seating available on a first come basis. Complimentary to members and non-members. Those not able to attend in person will be sent webinar link prior to event.
CSI Chicago is a AIA CES Registered Provider (Provider Number S001).