150 N. Riverside Tour and Presentation
Join us to tour and learn about one of the newest Class A commercial high rise to come on line in Chicago. The evening will include a presentation by the Architect and the Structural Engineer for the project and a tour of the site and selected areas within the building. Learn what went into building on a very challenging site and how the site influenced the design of the building. Gain insight as to the political process of building within the City and how tradeoffs are made between public and private spaces.
Erik Harris, AIA | Associate Principal, Goettsch Partners
Robert Chmielowski, P.E., S.E. | Senior Associate, Magnusson Klemencic Associates
***PLEASE NOTE THE NON-TYPICAL MEETING DATE - THURSDAY, OCTOBER 26***Time: 5:00-7:30pm
Cost: CSI Chicago Members Complimentary, Nonmembers $35 (includes dinner)
Registration: Due by October 19, 2017
Continuing Education: 1.5 AIA/CES LU
Enter the building from Randolph street and take the elevators immediately to your right down to the lower level to the conference space.Learning Objectives:
About the Presenters:Erik Harris, AIA
- Demonstrate how site factors can influence building design.
- Show how innovative structural design can facilitate building on difficult sites.
- Learn how public and private entities work together to promote projects for public benefit.
- Learn how mass dampers can be used to increase the comfort level of occupants.
, associate principal at Goettsch Partners, has more than 20 years of professional experience and has worked on a variety of complex architectural assignments in the U.S. and the Middle East. His background includes providing dedicated technical support to project teams, with a focus on enclosure systems and field coordination of those systems through design and construction.
More recently, Mr. Harris has served as a project architect on several large-scale assignments. As such, he works closely with the design and consultant team to assure that a consistent, high-quality set of documentation is produced.Robert Chmielowski, P.E., S.E.
is a Principal at MKA and Design Leader of the firm’s Office Building Specialist Group and has 19 years experience in engineering. He has designed offices throughout the U.S. and internationally, including towers up to 90 stories and multiple-block developments up to 306,580 m² (3.3 million ft²). Rob was a winning team participant in NAIOP’s “Office Building of the Future” competition, which targeted development of a highly sustainable facility using new building technologies. The team’s prototype features a completely adaptable modular structural floor system and embodied carbon reduction strategies.Marketing Opportunities:
Tabletops $125 CSI Chicago members, $175 nonmembers (plus event fee) - Tabletops Sold Out!
To reserve your tabletop or for more information please e-mail: Beth Winkler at email@example.com
All parking fees are the responsibility of attendees.
- Parking is available at the Franklin Lake Self Park garage and the MetraMarket. Franklin Lake Self Park is located between Franklin Street and Lake Street (one block east of the river on lake). Franklin Lake Self Park is managed by a third party and may be contacted at 312.201.1759.
- The MetraMarket is located one block west of the building and has two entrances on Canal and Clinton. MetraMarket is managed by a third party and may be contacted at 312.456.7000.