Atomic Habits by James Clear
Whether you are a design professional, a contractor, or a product representative, your productivity and potential for professional success is closely ties to your daily habits. Chapter member Scott Conwell will lead a discussion of the bestselling book Atomic Habits by James Clear. Join us to explore how the topics discussed in this book specifically relate to design and construction professionals and how these tools can not only help your career but can be applied to making your projects more successful as well.Interactive discussion led by Scott Conwell, FAIA, FCSI
| Director of Industry Development & Technical Service - International Masonry Institute
We encourage you to read the book prior to attending, but it is not a requirement for attendance. Below is a partial description of the book from Amazon.com.
If you're having trouble changing your habits, the problem isn't you. The problem is your system. Bad habits repeat themselves again and again not because you don't want to change, but because you have the wrong system for change. You do not rise to the level of your goals. You fall to the level of your systems. Here, you'll get a proven system that can take you to new heights.
James Clear is known for his ability to distill complex topics into simple behaviors that can be easily applied to daily life and work. Here, he draws on the most proven ideas from biology, psychology, and neuroscience to create an easy-to-understand guide for making good habits inevitable and bad habits impossible. Along the way, readers will be inspired and entertained with true stories from Olympic gold medalists, award-winning artists, business leaders, life-saving physicians, and star comedians who have used the science of small habits to master their craft and vault to the top of their field.
Learn how to:
* make time for new habits (even when life gets crazy);
* overcome a lack of motivation and willpower;
* design your environment to make success easier;
* get back on track when you fall off course;
...and much more.
Atomic Habits will reshape the way you think about progress and success, and give you the tools and strategies you need to transform your habits--whether you are a team looking to win a championship, an organization hoping to redefine an industry, or simply an individual who wishes to quit smoking, lose weight, reduce stress, or achieve any other goal.
Registration required by Wednesday, April 24.
Limited seating available on a first come basis. Complimentary to members and non-members.Continuing Education: 1.0 AIA CES LU
- Learn how to make time for new habits to achieve your full potential in your design and construction profession.
- Learn how to break bad habits in running your projects with proven system that can take you to new heights.. Bad habits repeat themselves again and again not because you don't want to change, but because you have the wrong system for change.
- Learn how to design your environment for you can make success easier (in your projects and your career) by understanding most proven ideas from biology, psychology, and neuroscience to create an easy-to-understand guide for making good habits inevitable and bad habits impossible.
- Discuss an action plan for getting back on track when you fall off course while maintaining that final goal.