The ABC’s of CDT® and Beyond: A CSI Certifications Guide
- Paul Fogarty, CSI, CDT® - SJ Mallein & Associates
- Alan Itzkowitz, FCSI, SCIP, CDT®, CCS, CCCA - ABI Specifications Consulting
- Elias Saltz, FCSI, CCS, CDT®, SCIP - Conspectus, Inc.
The Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) offers four different certifications to the construction community:
- Construction Documents Technology (CDT®)
- Certified Construction Specifier (CCS)
- Certified Construction Contract Administrator (CCCA)
- Certified Construction Product Representative (CCPR)
This informational session will be given by the CSI Chicago Certification Committee and review the ins and outs of earning each certification. Program presenters are holders of multiple certifications, past exam developers, and CDT® class instructors. They will each speak from their personal experiences on the path they followed to certification, and how earning CSI certifications have impacted their careers.
- Explain the overall goals of the CSI Certification Program.
- Compare the different certifications and investigate the skills and knowledge demonstrated by earning each certification.
- Explain the national exam cycle, plan how to register for the exam, and identify the CEU and renewal requirements for each certification.
- Analyze the benefits of earning CSI Certifications from the perspective of a manufacturer’s rep, a specifier, and an architect.
Continuing Education: pending approval
Complimentary event for members and nonmembers held by Zoom.
About Our Presenters:
Space is limited to first 100 registered attendees.
Paul Fogarty, CSI, CDT®Architectural Building Envelope Specialist, SJ Mallein & Associates
Paul is an Architectural Building Envelope Specialist with SJ Mallein and is their primary resource for the architectural and design community in the Chicagoland area. He has served in numerous roles during his 20+ years in the commercial building envelope industry including technical inspector, sales and marketing, and technical education. He is a member of both the Chicago and Northern Illinois Chapters of CSI and serves both chapters in various capacities.
Alan Itzkowitz, FCSI, SCIP, CDT®, CCS, CCCAOwner and Specifications Writer, ABI Specifications Consulting
Alan Itzkowitz has over 40 years of specification writing, architecture, structural engineering, project management, quality control, and administrative management experience. His expertise includes the preparation of specifications and the coordination of the project manual along with project management of small to large multidisciplinary projects, architectural design, QA/QC and constructability reviews, structural design, performing on-site observation during construction, and service as a disaster project officer/technical support specialist.
He is a licensed Architect in the State of Illinois, a Construction Documents Technologist (CDT®), Certified Construction Specifier (CCS), Certified Construction Contract Administrator (CCCA), and is the Owner of ABI Specifications Consulting. ABI is an architectural consulting firm specializing in specifications and quality/constructability reviews for projects in all phases, from conceptual design through construction.
Elias Saltz, FCSI, CCS, CDT®, SCIPSenior Specifier, Conspectus, Inc.
Elias Saltz has 25 years of experience as an architect, technical specialist, in-house specifier, and specification consultant working across a vast range of building types. Elias holds leadership positions in CSI Chicago Chapter and CSI North Central Region.