CDT Exam Study Class
Construction Specification Institute’s CDT program has provided foundation training in construction process, roles and responsibilities, and construction documentation for architects, contractors, contract administrators, specifiers, and manufacturers’ representatives for decades.
This study class will provide you a complete understanding of how projects unfolds from conception to delivery and the documentation involved while helping you prepare for the CDT exam.
The class provides a conceptual understanding of the entire construction process, and concrete skills in construction documentation development and administration, specification writing and enforcement, product research and sourcing, communication with the design and contracting teams. Each class is taught by industry leaders from both the A/E and Product Representative Community. Classes include power point presentation followed up with quizzes that will help to reinforce the content of the session. The last class includes a practice exam to replicate the CDT exam. Attendees get exposure to industry leaders as teachers that are willing and able to answer questions.
Register early as this class has filled to capacity in past years.
Class Dates: Mondays, January 7 - March 25, 2019, 5:30pm - 8:00pm (Class does not meet February 18, 2019.)
Location: HACIA 650 W. Lake Street, Suite 415, Chicago
Continuing Education: 15.0 AIA/CES for those who attend at least 8 classes
Class Fee: $150 to CSI Chicago members, $300 for non-members
Recommended Class Material: Project Delivery Practice Guide (PDPG), second edition is the recommended study guide for this course and will be referenced throughout the classes. It is available through the CSI store and ships directly to you. The cost is $99 for CSI members, $129 for non-members plus shipping.
Questions about the CSI Chicago Study Class?
Contact: Larry Nordin, CSI, CCS, AIA, Nolan Day, CSI, CDT, and Paul Fogarty, CSI, CDT | Certification Co-Chairs of the Chicago Chapter
Thank you for supporting the 2019 Chicago CDT Exam Study Class:
- Examine planning and pre-design, sustainability, types of projects and delivery methods.
- Summarize CSI format, Project Delivery Guide, methods of specifying, specification language and specification practices.
- Review submittals, modifications, warranties, bonds and insurance, post construction, and facility management.
- Specify procurement requirements, conditions of the contract, General Requirements, coordinating and interpreting drawings and specifications.
See week-by-week class topic list.
Parking: At expense of individual. Options in the area include:
- Meter Parking is available on DesPlaines and Union Streets
- Fulton DesPlaines Parking Garage located at 650 W Fulton and Union streets the rate is $4.00 after 3pm. Pre-purchase parking (external link).