Happy New Year! Here’s hoping you are comfortably celebrating the end of 2020 and looking forward to a fresh start in 2021. As we press fast forward from a year of uncertainty and upheaval to one filled with new promise and opportunity, the CSI Team wanted to suggest three key ways you can expand your professional community, supercharge your career, and hone your public image in the New Year.#1) Volunteer
Giving back to your professional association is rewarding, and helps you get to know your CSI community more deeply. Not only will you gain new knowledge and skills, but you are able to share your own expertise. Besides bragging rights that your volunteerism had an impact on the construction industry, you also earn 2 CSI Learning Units per year, which you can submit toward CSI Recertification.
Here are just a few ways volunteering can help you foster connections and maintain relationships within CSI that can lead to endless possibilities:
- CSI’s Board of Directors, including Chapter and Region Boards, are always on the lookout for their next leaders. Your involvement can help CSI remain the gold standard for every professional in the AECO industry.
- CSI’s Learning department oversees the Academic Programs and Knowledge Committees as well as other various opportunities for Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to assist in producing new modules for inclusion into the Learning Library where they will provide a valuable resource for other members.
- Volunteer for various working groups and task teams to provide critical updates for CSI Certification Exams as well as CSI Bookstore products such as MasterFormat, UniFormat, Practice Guides, and Study Guides.
Find out more
. #2) Earn a CSI Certification
Are you ready to earn your Construction Documents Technology (CDT®
), Certified Construction Contract Administrator (CCCATM
), or Certified Construction Specifier (CCSTM
) certification? These certifications visibly demonstrate the breadth and value of your knowledge and expertise in the AECO (architecture, engineering, construction, and owners) industry, and provide the proof that you are a valuable member of any project team. Setting your sights on reaching one of these goals will allow you to put your knowledge and experience to the test, and create a benchmark for opportunities to enjoy throughout your career.
Here are four CSI resources created for the sole purpose of helping you earn your CSI certification:
#3) Update Your Profile
- Practice Guides serve as a major part of the curated knowledge CSI has to offer professionals. The CSI Practice Guides serve as the core knowledge for CSI certification and are a library of comprehensive references specifically and carefully designed for the construction professional. Each book examines important concepts and best practices integral to a particular aspect of the construction process.
- The Study Workbooks are designed to be used with Practice Guides. This newly revamped digital workbooks are comprised of interactive elements to enhance your learning experience.
- The CSI Handbooks for Certification Candidates are free resources and your starting point toward preparing for the certification exam of your choosing. Each contains pertinent information regarding candidate requirements, application procedures, and CSI certification policies, and is available at ebooks.csiresources.org.
- Once you’ve signed up for the exam, you’ll automatically be added to a virtual Study Group. This interactive resource includes a discussion thread to share ideas, topics, and questions with fellow test takers, and online sessions for catching up and asking questions or getting clarification on topics related to the certification you are seeking.
Your Member Profile here on CSIResources.org is your digital business card, community connection, personal e-mail, direct link to professional resources, and resume. Making sure you have the most up-to-date information on your Profile will ensure that you have immediate access to your favorite communities and networks, and also that you receive the news and updates you need to succeed in the manner which is most convenient to you.
Be sure your CSI profile includes your current mailing address on file - especially if you are expecting a Membership or Certification certificate.
As always, reach out to our Member Services team if you need assistance with any of the above (email@example.com) and from all of us at CSI, we wish you a very Happy New Year!